This scheme was the refurbishment and remodelling of the Grade II Listed Tamworth Assembly rooms, which were built in 1889 as an entertainment venue. Following a detailed conservation management plan, Millward were appointed to complete the civil, structural works – these required a detailed method statement and agreement with English Heritage. Works included:
- Site visits for structural surveys and to identify the implications of any work
- Interpretation of information from geotechnical and other investigations
- The preparation of flood risk assessments
- Design team meetings with the contractor
- Advise the Project Manager on the need for special inspection and tests.